Grigor Dimitrov Knocked Out of Wimbledon
Grigor Dimitrov's participation at Wimbledon ended in the second round. The Bulgarian tennis star lost in three sets to Alexander Bublik after 4: 6, 6: 7 (6), 6: 7 (4).
The tennis player from Kazakhstan, who is 38th in the world, turned out to be an insurmountable obstacle for Dimitrov due to his strong serve.
Bublik scored 34 aces in the match. Despite the defeat, Dimitrov played at a good level. He had the advantage in the game plays, but the service pulled Bublik out at key moments.
The only breakthrough in the match came in the third game of the first set. Subsequently, both tennis players easily won their service games.
Dimitrov could have equalized at the last moment, but Bublik's opening shot helped him close the set with 6:4. In the next part there were no opportunities for breakthroughs and it was decided in a tiebreak.
Dimitrov took the lead with 4: 2, but lost subsequently. The same picture happened at the end of the third set.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Firts Olympic Medal for Bulgaria: Antoaneta Kostadinova Earns Silver in the Women's 10m Air Pistol
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today
- » Tokyo Olympics: More Cases of Infected Alert Organizers
- » Euro Final in London Marked by Arrests and Violence by English Fans
- » Euro 2020 Final: Italy Defeats England