Facebook Soon Will Ask You - Is Your Friend Extremist?
Facebook Inc is starting to warn some users they might have seen "extremist content" on the social media site, the company said on Thursday.
Screenshots shared on Twitter showed a notice asking "Are you concerned that someone you know is becoming an extremist?" and another that alerted users "you may have been exposed to harmful extremist content recently." Both included links to "get support."
The world's largest social media network has long been under pressure from lawmakers and civil rights groups to combat extremism on its platforms, including U.S. domestic movements involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot when groups supporting former President Donald Trump tried to stop the U.S. Congress from certifying Joe Biden's victory in the November election.
Facebook said the small test, which is only on its main platform, was running in the United States as a pilot for a global approach to prevent radicalization on the site.
"This test is part of our larger work to assess ways to provide resources and support to people on Facebook who may have engaged with or were exposed to extremist content, or may know someone who is at risk," said a Facebook spokesperson in an emailed statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1429 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places - See Where they Remain Mandatory