New in Bulgaria: All Online Purchases from Outside the EU will be Subject to VAT
From today, all online purchases from outside the European Union will be subject to VAT. Until now, receiving only small shipments up to 22 euros has been exempt from tax. In addition to charging VAT, a customs declaration will be submitted for the shipments.
The change enters into force as part of the European Union's e-commerce package, which introduces new rules for distance selling. The aim is to limit tax evasion by deliberately declaring imports of small consignments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cherries from Greece and Turkey are expected to Flood the Market in Bulgaria
- » Decline in Industrial Production in the EU in March but Increase in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Employers with a National Protest on May 18 over Electricity and Fuel Prices
- » Trucks and Buses blocked Tsarigradsko Blvd in Sofia and All Entrances to Plovdiv
- » Will VR & Mobiles Replace PCs in the Future?
- » 100 Buses and 300 Trucks took part in the Protest of Carriers in Sofia