World Champions France Knocked Out from Euro 2020 by Switzerland
Kylian Mbappe missed the crucial kick as Switzerland beat France on penalties in the Euro 2020 last 16 after a classic European Championship game.
The Swiss had been seconds away from elimination during 90 minutes but go through to face Spain after penalty shoot-out.
Seferovic headed in his second goal of the game for Switzerland and substitute Mario Gavranovic hammered in a last-minute equaliser to send the game to extra time.
Paris St-Germain forward Mbappe was the only player to fail to score in the shootout, after an excellent Yann Sommer save.
Switzerland play Spain, who also came through a thriller - 5-3 after extra time against Croatia - in the quarter-final in St Petersburg on Friday.
This is the biggest shock of Euro 2020 so far, with world champions France having been tipped to win the tournament by 12 of 15 BBC pundits before it started.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Firts Olympic Medal for Bulgaria: Antoaneta Kostadinova Earns Silver in the Women's 10m Air Pistol
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today
- » Tokyo Olympics: More Cases of Infected Alert Organizers
- » Euro Final in London Marked by Arrests and Violence by English Fans
- » Euro 2020 Final: Italy Defeats England