Italian Guardia di Finanza Seize 6 Tonnes of Hashish on US Flagged Yacht with 3 Bulgarians on Board
The Italian Guardia di Finanza, which is specialized police unit in fighting drug trafficking, said it had seized six tonnes of hashish from a yacht sailing under the American flag. The operation took place near Sicily.
The three crew members, identified as Bulgarian nationals, were detained and taken to a prison in Palermo, reported The Independent.
The yacht was under surveillance for some time but Italian authorities expected permition fom USA to board since the yacht is sailing under US flag.
According to the police, the value of drugs on the black market would be around 13 million euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Police Chase and Car Crash Closed Temporarily Trakya Motorway
- » Bulgaria: Unmarked Police Car Hit Child on Crosswalk,Who Later Died in Hospital
- » Floods in Germany: Over 90 People Killed, 618 Injured in Ahrweiler District
- » Report Released on Most Likely Version for MiG-29 Crash in June
- » Turkey Bus Accident Kills 12, Injures 26
- » Dozens of Cars with Flat Tires in Sofia