Putin Offers Exchange of Prisoners to Biden
Russia is ready to consider the issue of prisoner swap with the US, President Vladimir Putin said in an interview with NBC.
"Yes, of course," he said when asked a respective question.
Meanwhile Putin noted that much more Russian citizens are in US prisons than American citizens - in Russia.
"I know that we have certain US citizens who are in prison, have been convicted, found guilty. But if one considers the number of Russian Federation citizens who are in US prisons, then these numbers don't even compare," he said.
Asked about two US citizens - Paul Whelan, convicted in Russia for espionage, and Trevor Reed - Putin did not say whether prisoners will be swapped with their participation, but he referred to Reed as "a troublemaker" who "got drunk on vodka and started a fight."
According to Putin much more Russian citizens are held in custody in the US than American citizens - in Russia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Philippines to Impose Travel Ban on Malaysia, Thailand to Prevent Delta Variant
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Russia Tests Hypersonic Missile
- » England to Abandon Almost all Coronavirus Restrictions
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes