Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
The Bulgarian women's rhythmic gymnastics team won a gold medal in the senior group 5 balls final of the Varna 2021 European Championships in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Simona Dyankova, Madlen Radukanova, Laura Traets, Stefani Kiryakova and Erika Zafirova, who ranked fifth in the all-around Saturday, performed an outstanding routine on Sunday. Vesela Dimitrova and Mihaela Maevska's girls scored 47.500 points, 38.6 for difficulty and 8.9 for execution.
The silver goes to European all-round champion Russia, with 47.275 points, followed by Israel with 46.150 points.
This is the first gold medal for Bulgaria in the championship. Boryana Kaleyn won the silver in the individual all-around on Saturday, in addition to silvers in the junior group all-around, and the 3 hoops and 2 pairs of clubs final.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy
- » Bulgarian Football Union President Denies Responsibility for the Protest
- » Making History: Bulgarian Chess Players Became European Champions