Bulgaria: Additional 800 Voting Machines Expected from Taiwan
More than 700 polling stations will be equipped with more than one voting machine for the early general elections on July 11, Rositsa Mateva, Deputy Chairperson and Spokesperson for the Central Election Commission, said in an interview for bTV.
We will organize the early Parliamentary elections with the existing 9,600 machines, if we do not receive more. Currently, we are holding talks with the manufacturer of the voting machines- "Smartmatic". 672 voting machines have been manufactured in the Netherlands. The manufacturer has promised to produce another 800 machines in Taiwan and transport them to Bulgaria, added Rositsa Meteva. 9,400 polling stations in Bulgaria and 242 polling stations abroad must be equipped with voting machines, specified the Spokesperson for the Central Election Commission.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » July 2021 Elections Survey:There Is Such a People 0.2% ahead of GERB by 0.2 %
- » Gallup International Balkan: ITN and GERB-UDF Have Equal Chances to Win July Elections
- » Election Campaign Kicks off in Bulgaria on 11 July
- » Bulgaria: Alpha Research Polling Agency Comes out with Forecast for July Snap Election
- » No Machine Voting for Bulgarians Abroad – Central Election Commission
- » Bulgaria: People Aged 60 Were Slowest in Experimental Machine Voting