India Records World's Deadliest COVID-19 Day with over 6,000 Fatalities
India reported on Thursday (Jun 10) the highest single-day death toll from COVID-19 in the world, at 6,148, after a big eastern state revised its figures to account for people who succumbed to the disease at home or in private hospitals.
The health department of Bihar, one of India's poorest states, revised its total COVID-19 related death toll on Wednesday to more than 9,400 from about 5,400.
The United States had recorded 5,444 COVID-19 deaths on Feb 12.
India's total COVID-19 caseload now stands at 29.2 million after rising by 94,052 in the past 24 hours, while total fatalities are at 359,676, according to data from the health ministry./channelasia
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany and France to Propose EU-wide Quarantine Rules for British Arrivals
- » Hungary’s LGBTQ Law Slammed by EC Boss Von Der Leyen, ahead of EU Summit
- » Covid-19: Biggest Rise of Daily Cases in UK since February
- » Moscow Claims Russian Jets and Ships Fired upon British Warship in Black Sea, UK Denies
- » Health Minister: Italy to Become White Zone thanks to Vaccines
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger