European Commission Should Be Penalized for Ignoring Rule of Law Issues – MEP Elena Yoncheva, Bulgaria
According to Elena Yoncheva, Bulgarian MEP from the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats, a criminal procedure must be initiated against the European Commission, as it has not yet found a way to apply the regulation on the binding of the rule of law with the allocation of EU funds.
In front of the plenary, she recalled that the rule of law has collapsed in Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria and Slovenia, while the European Parliament has been debating for years on the issue:
"How long does the list have to become to start enforcing the law to the full extent. A week ago Bulgaria was rocked by the sweeping sanctions under the Magnitsky Act for corruption and abuse of power. Why are our American partners able to pinpoint where the corruption is, something what the European Commission should have done a long time ago."
MEP Moritz Körner of the Renew Europe group also stressed that the United States sanctions corrupt oligarchs in Bulgaria while the Commission does nothing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President of North Macedonia: Kiril Petkov is a Non-Traditional Politician and Optimist in Politics
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev and VP Iliana Yotova were Sworn In for their Second Term
- » Bulgarian PM on North Macedonia: In a Few Days we Achieved more than in Recent Years
- » What happened at the Meeting between the Leaders of Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian PM Kiril Petkov has arrived in Skopje
- » Osmani: We are no longer in the Yugoslav Union, we are entering into an Alliance with Bulgaria