Bulgaria: Combat Aircraft Crashed During Shabla 21 Military Exercise
A MiG aircraft has crashed into the sea off Shabla during the Shabla 2021 military exercises, confirmed for BNR Rear Admiral Kiril Mihaylov, Commander of the Navy.
"In carrying out a training task over the maritime aquatoria of the Republic of Bulgaria, a MiG-29 aircraft of the Bulgarian Air Force has lost radio communication and droped off the radar at 00:45," the defense ministry said.
A search and rescue operation was immediately launched, which is ongoing. It includes forces and resources from the Navy, Joint Special Operations Command, Border Police and Air Force.
Defense Minister Georgi Panayotov is on his way to the area of the incident. The reasons for the fall of the combat aircraft remain unclear for now.
The Shabla 21 tactical exercise has been terminated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hitchhockian Horror in Sofia – Crows Attack People
- » Final Version of MiG-29 Crash Cause Revealed - Pilot's Failure to Maintain Control
- » Brown Bear Roams the Streets of Moscow Suburb
- » Bulgaria: Identity of Missing MiG-29 Pilot Revealed
- » Worth of Heroin Shipment Ceased in Sliven Estimated at BGN 25 M
- » 2 Heavy Car Accidents in Bulgaria