Bulgaria: Further Financial Malpractices Disclosed at Defence Ministry
The Ministry of Defence has awarded public contracts without competitive tender designating the contractor directly. Despite the instructions by the Ministry of Finance to avoid pre-payment, 80% of the contracts were paid in advance, Defence Minister in the caretaker government Georgi Panayotov stated for BNT, adding that no market research had been conducted before the contracts were awarded.
Minister Panayotov stated further that one for the reasons for this is that many of the contracts contained classified information, and not all companies have right of access.
Minister Panayotov also commented on the contract for two warships being constructed at Bulgarian shipyards which cost 500 million euro, stating that the deal was a good one, but that the public in Bulgaria had been kept in the dark that the contract did not include the ship ammunition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Is Who in Proposed Bulgarian Government
- » GERB Party will not Support a Cabinet Proposed by There is such a people party
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev