China Changes Demographic Policy, Allows Families to Have Three Children
Chinese authorities have decided to grant couples across the country the right to have up to three children now, Xinhua reported on Monday.
According to the agency, the decision was made at a meeting of the Politburo of the Chinese Communist Party. It is not clear when the measure will take effect.
China has been pursuing a policy to restrict birth rates since the mid-1970s, as families were allowed to have only one child with very few exceptions. If this rule was breached, parents faced big fines as well as other measures.
China relaxed this policy several years ago, clearing families where both parents are the only children as well as those living in rural locations if their first child is a girl to have two kids. In 2013, the policy was eased further. All Chinese families were allowed to have two children on January 1, 2016.
The latest reports note that China’s population stands at 1.41 billion people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hospital Associations in Bulgaria Support the New Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Prof. Kozhuharova: The Fourth Wave has Reached the Peak of the Previous One, there will be Another
- » A Survey Shows which are the Happiest Nations. Where is Bulgaria?
- » COVID-19: When can we Expect a Lockdown in Bulgaria? Deputy Health Minister Explains
- » 5 Things You Need to Know About Game Development
- » COVID-19 Booster Doses: Moderna Vaccine Approved