Polls Closed in Syria, Vote Count Begins
Syria’s Higher Judicial Committee for Presidential Elections informed that the polls in the presidential election have closed.
"The election is over, the vote count has begun," the committee stated, quoted by the SANA news agency.
Earlier, the committee was forced to prolong the vote by five hours due to a high turnout, until 00:00 local time. Additional ballot boxes were sent to a number of provinces.
Three candidates are running for president of Syria: incumbent head of state Bashar al-Assad, former state minister Abdallah Salloum Abdallah and leader of the Syrian Democratic Front Mahmoud Marei.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gallup International Balkan: ITN and GERB-UDF Have Equal Chances to Win July Elections
- » Bulgaria: Additional 800 Voting Machines Expected from Taiwan
- » Election Campaign Kicks off in Bulgaria on 11 July
- » Bulgaria: Alpha Research Polling Agency Comes out with Forecast for July Snap Election
- » No Machine Voting for Bulgarians Abroad – Central Election Commission
- » Bulgaria: People Aged 60 Were Slowest in Experimental Machine Voting