Russia Expels Bulgarian Embassy Official as Measure of Retaliation
Russia has declared a Bulgarian embassy official persona non grata, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.
"On May 26, the Russian Foreign Ministry invited Bulgarian Ambassador Atanas Krystin to hand him a note declaring a Bulgarian embassy official persona non grata," the statement reads. "The move comes in response to the baseless decision to declare a Russian diplomat persona non grata that Bulgaria made in April," the Russian Foreign Ministry added.
On April 29, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry announced the expulsion of a Russian diplomat. The Bulgarian authorities had said earlier that prosecutors suspected six Russians of being involved in several explosions between 2011 and 2020 at Bulgarian arms depots that were storing munitions belonging to arms trader Emilian Gebrev’s EMCO company, as well as in an assassination attempt on Gebrev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lavrov: After the Mess Up in Bulgaria, our Embassy cannot Function Normally
- » Russia stopped issuing Tourist Visas for Bulgarians
- » History: How many Times were Diplomatic Relations between Russia and Bulgaria Severed
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria