Caretaker Financial Minister: Big Cash Kept by Companies May Generate Corruption
The huge cash stocks of companies are likely to fuel corruption in the country. This was commented to the Bulgarian National Radio by the Minister of Finance Asen Vassilev.
According to him, preliminary information indicates that there are such large cash stocks.
We are talking about billions ... If it is true that voting is bought at some places, it is probably with the money from corrupt and dark business.
"If this money are not in the coffers, the first question to these companies is where are the money. It is a serious resource, which most likely was used fro corruption and buying the elections, " said Vassilev.
Currently, the NRA is reviewing the companies that have received a large state resource.
According to Vassilev, there is also a large concentration among them, as in 2020 alone 13-14 companies received over BGN 3 billion.
As of April this year, there are four companies that received around BGN 1.5 billion from the state budget.
"These companies are seen as risky. Inspections are starting now. When you have such a large user of public resources, you have to make good control along the chain ", the Minister of Finance is categorical.
The caretaker minister added that they are currently working on re-directing the measures so as to help businesses overcome the lack of funds and start generating revenue.
"The idea is to help businesses get started, not get paid for not working. This must be done smoothly and carefully so as not to create a turmoil in the economy, " Vassilev commented.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Pro-Western and Pro-Ukrainian Protest against President Radev
- » Bulgaria: Ivan Geshev filed a Request to Remove the Immunity of Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgaria: GERB-SDS, WCC-DB and DPS gathered a Majority for Constitutional Reform
- » Bulgaria: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel presented the Project for a Regular Government
- » Bulgaria: The National Investigation Service becomes an Independent Body in the Judiciary
- » DPS will not Prevent the Formation of a Cabinet