Caretaker Government Replaced almost All Regional Governors
The caretaker Government on Wednesday adopted a resolution relieving of their posts all regional governors and appointing new replacements.
This was announced by Cabinet's spokesman Anton Kutev this afternoon. The new appointees are to assume their posts at 9 am on Thursday, Kutev told journalists after Cabinet's regular meeting.
Four regional administrations - Varna, Dobrich, Silistra and Sofia, temporarily will be headed by deputy regional governors.
Kutev explained that this decision has been taken in order to ensure fair elections, to reduce vote buying and corporate voting.
The new regional governors will be presented in the building of the Council of Ministers after a couple of days. Details, as well as business cards of the newly appointed governors, are presented on government's web portal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev