Bulgaria Strongly Condemns Hamas Rocket Attacks on Israel
Bulgaria is watching with great concern the continuing serious escalation of violence in Israel and the Palestinian territories, which has further increased tensions, especially in and around Jerusalem, outgoing Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva and her successor in the caretaker government Svetlan Stoev said in a joint statement on May 12.
“We strongly condemn the ongoing rocket attacks and attacks on the civilian population, which are absolutely unacceptable and must be stopped immediately,” said the joint statement, read out by Stoev at a handover ceremony at the Foreign Ministry.
The provocative rocket fire from Gaza was terrorising the Israeli and Arab populations in and around Jerusalem and must be stopped immediately, the statement said.
“Violence and terror are not the answer. We deeply regret every lost life and express our sincere condolences to the families of the victims, including children, and the injured, to whom we wish a speedy recovery.
“We call for immediate de-escalation and again call on all parties to exercise restraint, responsibility and common sense,” the statement said
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum in Bulgaria? Ex-Showman is Gathering Signatures to Change the Republic from Parliamentary to Presidential
- » Bulgarian MEP: The Statement of North Macedonia’s President repeats the Hateful Rhetoric against Bulgaria
- » The Central Election Committee recommends April 2 as the Date for Early Elections in Bulgaria
- » “We Continue the Change” is Negotiating with “Democratic Bulgaria” for Joint Participation in the Elections
- » BSP returned the Mandate to Form a Government: Bulgarians expect a Date for Early Elections
- » No Change in Austria’s Position on the Admission of Bulgaria in Schengen, Vienna promised EU Funding for our Border