Putin to Propose Arms Control Talks to US President Biden
Russia has proposed arms control and security talks for President Vladimir Putin and US President Joe Biden to meet.
The leadership in Moscow is still waiting for a response from Washington to such a summit, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Tuesday at a virtual UN conference on disarmament.
Both heads of state had agreed to consider a discussion of strategic stability on a number of arms control and urgent security issues, said US special envoy on disarmament, Robert Wood, at the United Nations conference. “You are in the process of preparing these discussions.”
The talk is that Biden and Putin could meet in June. It would be the first personal meeting of the two presidents. A final decision on this has not yet been made. However, Putin has already participated in an online climate summit in Biden.
Tensions have existed between the two states for a long time. The US accuses Russia of meddling in the US presidential election and in the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Why are the Women Politicians Always Second?
- » Bulgaria: The Election Campaign Started Today
- » The European Commission Received the Recovery Plan from Bulgaria. What's Next?
- » The Election Campaign for the November 14th Parliamentary and Presidential Elections has Begun
- » CEC Demonstrated how Bulgarians will Vote in the November 2 in 1 Elections
- » CEC Confirmed the Decision of REC-Stara Zagora to Refuse to Register Democratic Bulgaria