Connecting Europe Train Will Pass through Bulgaria September 15-17
The special European Year of Rail six-coach train ‘Connecting Europe Express’ will start its journey from Lisbon on 2 September. Announcing the route and timetable of the train, the Commission said that it will travel across 26 countries in 36 days.
The train will stop in more than 70 cities and will link the Portuguese, Slovenian and French Presidencies of the Council, arriving in Paris on 7 October.
According to the Commission, the special train will demonstrate the power of rail to connect people and businesses, and the importance of EU infrastructure policy in making this possible.
Crisscrossing the continent, from Lisbon to Bucharest and from Berlin to Paris, the Connecting Europe Express will follow routes that bind us together – whether countries, businesses or people, Commissioner for Transport, Adina Vălean commented. “While a symbol for connectivity, this train also serves as a reminder that we still have a long way to go and much work to do before rail becomes the transport option of choice for Europeans,” she added.
This project is a joint endeavor of the Commission and the Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER), European rail operators, infrastructure managers and many other partners at EU and local level. At each of the stops, events and other activities, adapted to local Covid-19 measures, will highlight the key role that rail plays for the society, but also the challenges that rail must still overcome to attract more passengers and freight.
The Connecting Europe Express will pass through Bulgaria from September 15 to 17, state railways BDZ said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Public Transport in Sofia will Not Stop Tomorrow but there will be Heavy Traffic due to Protests
- » Are Your Passwords Safe?
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 362 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Eurovision: The 12 Points from Romania to Moldova actually went to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: The Relocation of Ukrainian Refugees to Departmental Accommodations has Begun