Bulgaria: Economist Vladimir Karolev Found in Pirin Mountain in Grave Condition
Prominent Bulgarian economist Vladimir Karolev, who disappeared on May 9 under the Todorka peak in Pirin Mountain, was found on May 10 a little after midnight, the Mountain Rescue Service in Bansko told BNR-Radio Blagoevgrad. Karolev was found in a critical condition near Zhabeshko Lake. He was unconscious and carried down the mountain by the mountain rescuers. At 4:30 am he was handed over to the Emergency Medical Centre in Razlog.
Vladimir Karolev disappeared while snowboarding. The search lasted 12 hours. It is assumed that Karolev got injured after falling from 400 metres on a steep terrain. Rescuers explain that the economist was difficult to find because the place where he fell is without digital signal coverage.
Meanwhile it became clear that his condition is grave and there is a threat to his life. He is currently in an artificial coma as the brain injury is very serious, according to outgoing Health Minister Prof. Kostadin Angelov who arrived in Razlog shortly after the incident.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Actor Alec Baldwin Fired a Props Pistol During Filming and Killed Camerawoman Halina Hutchins
- » Anti-Vaxers Attacked Bulgarian Education Minister Denkov
- » Earthquake on the Island of Bali has Claimed Lives
- » British MP Stabbed in a Church
- » A Dane Killed Five People with a Bow in Norway
- » Tsunami and Property Damage after 6.4 Earthquake in Crete, Greece