Covid-19: US Reached 250 Million Administered Vaccine Shots
More than 250 million coronavirus vaccine jabs have been administered in the United States as of Thursday, according to figures from the country's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Some 57 per cent of all adults in the country have received at least a first dose of coronavirus vaccine while about 42 per cent of over 18s are already fully vaccinated, according to CDC figures.
Among the higher-risk group of those aged 65 and older, 83 per cent have had a first dose and 70 per cent are fully vaccinated.
Since the start of the vaccine drive in mid-December, a total of 252 million doses have been administered in the US, which has a population of 330 million.
A nurse received the country's first jab in New York on December 14, 2020.
The US is largely using Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, which require two doses to be fully effective. The single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine is also in use in the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary’s LGBTQ Law Slammed by EC Boss Von Der Leyen, ahead of EU Summit
- » Covid-19: Biggest Rise of Daily Cases in UK since February
- » Moscow Claims Russian Jets and Ships Fired upon British Warship in Black Sea, UK Denies
- » Health Minister: Italy to Become White Zone thanks to Vaccines
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People