Facebook Yet to Decide on Trump Account Ban
Facebook did not lift the ban on Donald Trumps account but said the ban is not permanent.
Does Donald Trump stay banned on Facebook and Instagram? A Facebook board of directors announced the decision this afternoon.
The so-called Oversight Board has checked in the past few months whether the ban on the 74-year-old on Facebook and Instagram will be maintained or lifted.
The decision of the independent committee, which includes lawyers, civil rights experts and journalists, is binding for the group according to its own guidelines.
The former president was banned from Facebook after the violent storming of the Capitol on January 6th.
The reason given by Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg at the time was that Trump used the online service to “instigate a violent uprising against a democratically elected government”.
The short message service Twitter – until then Trump’s most important online mouthpiece – has permanently blocked the then president’s account.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary’s LGBTQ Law Slammed by EC Boss Von Der Leyen, ahead of EU Summit
- » Covid-19: Biggest Rise of Daily Cases in UK since February
- » Moscow Claims Russian Jets and Ships Fired upon British Warship in Black Sea, UK Denies
- » Health Minister: Italy to Become White Zone thanks to Vaccines
- » Chinese Military Points at US in Anger
- » Putin: Nazi Germany Wanted to Exterminate and Enslave Soviet People