Bulgaria: School Year to Be Extended for Most Students
For all students the school year will end in attendance after the completion of exams for school-leavers. External assessment and graduation exams will take place in schools and no study material will be dropped, outgoing Education Minister Krasimir Valchev said during his visit to Veliko Tarnovo.
"The school year is extended for children from the first through sixth grade", Valchev said, as quoted by BNR.
"Those 303 schools, which chose in December not to study, to carry out project activities, will now study in June, and the rest will offer extracurricular activities.
Probably more students will be subject to the so-called compensatory training - this is the additional training aimed to overcome educational difficulties," the outgoing minister explained.
"The external assessment and the graduation exams for students of 4th, 7th, 10th and 12th grades will be held in-person. There is no trimmed down curriculum set against previous years", Valchev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Caretaker Ministry of Education and Science Announced Its Top Priorities
- » Pandemic Effects: Some Students in Bulgaria Refuse to Return to In-person Classes
- » Book Niches Growing in Popularity
- » Sofia University in Top 5% of World Universities, First in Bulgaria
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 3,860 New Cases
- » School Year in Bulgaria Will Not Be Extended – Education Inspectorate