Bulgaria: President Radev to Meet with Parliamentary Parties, Discuss Nominations for CEC
President Rumen Radev will meet on May 5 with the parliamentary forces, which are to make nominations to the Central Election Commission (CEC), the President's Press Secretariat said on Monday.
Under the Election Code amended on April 29, the CEC will be appointed by the President after public consultations and
according to a procedure established by the President, based on nominations from the parties and coalitions represented in
The public consultations will be streamed live from 2 pm on Wednesday at https://www.president.bg/static56/Online-video/.
On Monday, the President issued a decree on the rules of holding public consultations and the procedure for CEC's appointment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Judges Association Demanded Resignation of Entire Supreme Judicial Council
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: Top Prosecutor Covers up for Corrupt Politicians, Magistrates in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Office Requested More Info from US on Sanctioned Bulgarian Nationals under Magnitsky Act
- » Bulgaria Requests from US Additional Info on Persons Sanctioned under Magnitski Act
- » Passenger Vehicle Sales See Sharp Uptick in Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner Comes to Sofia to Discuss Pandemic Issues, Vaccination