Bulgaria: President Radev to Meet with Parliamentary Parties, Discuss Nominations for CEC
President Rumen Radev will meet on May 5 with the parliamentary forces, which are to make nominations to the Central Election Commission (CEC), the President's Press Secretariat said on Monday.
Under the Election Code amended on April 29, the CEC will be appointed by the President after public consultations and
according to a procedure established by the President, based on nominations from the parties and coalitions represented in
The public consultations will be streamed live from 2 pm on Wednesday at https://www.president.bg/static56/Online-video/.
On Monday, the President issued a decree on the rules of holding public consultations and the procedure for CEC's appointment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: More Shocking Facts Got out in Recent Scandal Involving Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgarian National Assembly Summoned Outgoing Council of Ministers to Parliament
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog: There Will Be No Price Leaps in Heating and Electricity
- » Bulgaria: 50,000 School-Leavers Ready for Proms Awaiting President’s Final Say
- » Bulgarian Parliament Elects New Chairperson of Central Election Commission
- » Big Scandal in Bulgarian Parliament Evolves: New Revelations Implicate Boyko Borissov in Gross Misdemeanor