Bulgaria Added to Russia’s List of “Unfriendly States”
Bulgaria has been added to Russia's "blacklist" of unfriendly countries. As of yesterday morning, the country has been placed on the list of potential enemies, according to the main Russian federal TV channel "Rossiya 1".
"As far as friends are concerned, who the friends are we do not know, but this morning the list [of the unfriendly countries] was updated. Please, show on the screen - we had to add to it Bulgaria this morning" the presenter said when the Kremlin's list of unfriendly countries was displayed.
Bulgaria has been added to the previously listed apparently hostile countries: USA, Poland, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Great Britain, Georgia, Ukraine and Australia, the Moscow media explained.
The reason are the events of the last days: the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office has traced a Russian connection to four blasts in ammunition warehouses and defence plants utilities, which took place in the last 10 years and are allegedly related to arms dealer Emilian Gebrev, writes Sega daily.
Furthermore, the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Bulgaria had requested "the law enforcement authorities of Russia to cooperate fully with the Bulgarian authorities in the investigation of the blasts in Bulgarian ammo depots, the destruction of material evidence in a fire and the poisoning of three Bulgarian citizens, so that the perpetrators could be found and brought to justice".
To this, Moscow replied evasively that "upon receipt of the relevant request, the Russian competent authorities will examine it in accordance with the established bilateral arrangements in this regard."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Bulgaria to COREPER: Right Now there is No Way to Solve the Issue with North Macedonia
- » PM Petkov confirmed Bulgaria's demands to North Macedonia, EU is Frustrated
- » Biden Nominates a New Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Macron is ready to Organize a Sofia-Skopje Meeting in Paris
- » The US Condemned the Arson of the Bulgarian Cultural Center in North Macedonia