Bulgaria: It Is Good Friday, Day to Remember Christ’ Sacrifice for Human Sins
Good Friday is one of the most important days in the Holy Week, which begins on Palm Sunday and ends on Easter Sunday. In short, Good Friday marks the crucifixion and dying of Christ. On this day, many Christians reflect upon Christ’s sacrifice for their sins.
Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ. It is a day of solemn reflection for followers of many Christian denominations, including Orthodox. Good Friday takes place on the Friday before Easter, so its date changes from year to year.
Many Christians observe the day with prayer, and some with fasting.
For many Christians, Good Friday is a time to remember the suffering and dying of Jesus before marking the resurrection of Christ on Easter Sunday. It’s a reminder of the ultimate sacrifice made by Christ to atone for humanity’s sins.
In Bulgaria, people say that on this austere day “Even birds don’t sing nor nest”, church bells are silent and every living creature is mourning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » Bulgaria: A Sticker shows Permanently Low Food Prices in Stores across the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 139 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Cloudy and Rainy Weather in Bulgaria Today
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 135 New Cases in the Last 24 hours