Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
Police in Germany detained a 51-year-old hospital employee and opened a murder inquiry after four people were found dead and another seriously injured at a clinic for disabled people near Berlin.
Police said they had arrived around 9pm on Wednesday to find people with fatal injuries in several rooms of a ward at the Oberlin Clinic, a specialist orthopaedic hospital in Potsdam, capital of Brandenburg, the state that surrounds Berlin.
"The victims showed signs of significant external violence," police spokesman Thorsten Herbst said.
The regional Tagesspiegel newspaper said they had been attacked with a knife. It said the victims were patients, some of whom had disabilities severe enough to need respiratory support.
Citing police sources, the newspaper said the suspect had told her husband on arriving home that she had killed people that day, whereupon he called the police.
There was no information regarding any motive so far.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison