Political Analysts: Slavi Made Wrong Move, Could Emerge As Winner
Slavi Trifonov has made a grave mistake. He could have formed a government and, as soon as it failed to pass a confidence vote, leave parliament triumphantly as a winner, told bTV political scientist Rumyana Kolarova on the occasion of the cabinet-formingmandate returned by There Is Such a People (TISP).
According to her, Trifonov had to show that he could and was ready to make a cabinet. In Kolarova's words, however, he has chickened out.
She said that now the staus-quo parties in parliament may ridicule TISP. The really serious stand was for Trifonov to come out with a government and enter parliament because he could have threatened these three parties that he would leave parliament and then they would be seen in a very negative light.
If his government had been voted down, he would have emerged as the winner, Kolarova said.
For his part, political scientist Daniel Smilov is worried that TISP has turned down the mandate very sharply and abruptly, and it has not become clear what their alternative is - what will be on their to-do lists and who their ministers will be.
He was adamant that early elections seem to be imminent now. There is no consolidated majority in this parliament, if there were, it would have created a government, Smilov noted.
According to him, the voters of Slavi Trifonov are representatives of the "anti-establishment vote and are not interested in politics". However, the results of the referendum have nothing to do with a governance programme.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev