National Assembly Takes Final Decision: Only Machine Voting at Home and Abroad
The Parliamentary Legal Affairs Committee has agreed to have only machine voting in elections at home and abroad. This will apply to polling stations where there are over 300 registered voters, but not in the case regulated by Art. 212 para. 5 of the Electoral Code.
CCTV in the electoral process will also be available. The Centarl Election Commission will set the relevant terms and conditions. The technical support will be provided by the Council of Ministers.
It was also decided that there is no limit to the number of polling stations abroad.
This is not the end of paper ballots, however. There has also been a dispute - whether the proposals of various parliamentary groups are within the scope of electoral law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Analysts Forecast 1-Percent Margin between GERB and TISP in Case of Early Elections
- » Bulgaria: No More Limit on Polling Stations Abroad – Amendments to Election Code Passed in Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Former Foreign Minister Tipped for Borissov’s Successor
- » Alpha Research Pollster: Over Half of Bulgarians See New Government Formation as Priority
- » Sensational Prognosis: President Radev Will Disband New Parliament on 13 May
- » Bulgaria: State Gazette Published Official Vote Results, 45th National Assembly’s First Session Scheduled for April 15