National Assembly Takes Final Decision: Only Machine Voting at Home and Abroad
The Parliamentary Legal Affairs Committee has agreed to have only machine voting in elections at home and abroad. This will apply to polling stations where there are over 300 registered voters, but not in the case regulated by Art. 212 para. 5 of the Electoral Code.
CCTV in the electoral process will also be available. The Centarl Election Commission will set the relevant terms and conditions. The technical support will be provided by the Council of Ministers.
It was also decided that there is no limit to the number of polling stations abroad.
This is not the end of paper ballots, however. There has also been a dispute - whether the proposals of various parliamentary groups are within the scope of electoral law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 11 People Detained in Burgas in Police Operation against Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: Can we expect COVID Restrictions on the Elections in October?
- » “Gallup” Survey: GERB's Lead over “We Continue the Change” is Growing
- » "Trend" Survey: GERB Wins the Elections in Bulgaria with 5% Lead
- » Bulgaria: See the Numbers of the Parties and Coalitions in the Upcoming Elections
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory