National Assembly Takes Final Decision: Only Machine Voting at Home and Abroad
The Parliamentary Legal Affairs Committee has agreed to have only machine voting in elections at home and abroad. This will apply to polling stations where there are over 300 registered voters, but not in the case regulated by Art. 212 para. 5 of the Electoral Code.
CCTV in the electoral process will also be available. The Centarl Election Commission will set the relevant terms and conditions. The technical support will be provided by the Council of Ministers.
It was also decided that there is no limit to the number of polling stations abroad.
This is not the end of paper ballots, however. There has also been a dispute - whether the proposals of various parliamentary groups are within the scope of electoral law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gallup International Balkan: ITN and GERB-UDF Have Equal Chances to Win July Elections
- » Bulgaria: Additional 800 Voting Machines Expected from Taiwan
- » Election Campaign Kicks off in Bulgaria on 11 July
- » Bulgaria: Alpha Research Polling Agency Comes out with Forecast for July Snap Election
- » No Machine Voting for Bulgarians Abroad – Central Election Commission
- » Bulgaria: People Aged 60 Were Slowest in Experimental Machine Voting