Sofia GPs Clash with RHI Security Guards over Vaccines Handout
GPs from Sofia clashed with the security guards of the Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate (RHI). The tension mounted after long queuing for vaccines and a lack of organization on the part of the GPs, the Health Inspectorate said, quoted by Nova TV.
Police had to be called to quench passions.
"Such behavior is inappropriate for any doctor or medical person! The RHI is authorized only to inform via the e-mails the GPs working on the territory of Sofia that vaccines are available and when the RHI will be ready for handing them out, what we always do.
Director of the RHI-Sofia Dr. Penchev has repeatedly spoken with the representatives of the guild and its Sofia units about the proper arrangements, but unfortunately so far nothing has been done. The clash in front of the RHI-Sofia office creates serious problems for the work of the whole structure.
Another very serious problem is the vicious practice of one doctor taking vaccines for colleagues as well, which slows down the process of vaccines distribution," RHI commented.
Not a single GP has appeared before the Health Inspectorate for taking vaccines today, the RHI said in a statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov