There Is Such a People Set to Return Government-Forming Mandate Right away – Slavi Trifonov
Antoaneta Stefanova - the only Bulgarian woman who has been a world chess champion for women is the nominee of There Is Such a People (TISP) for prime minister. The news was posted on Facebook by the leader of the party Slavi Trifonov.
However, he made it clear that the mandate will be returned immediately and TISP will not form a government, as there is no stable majority in parliament.
Slavi Trifonov gave reasons for his decision:
"To our delight there are Bulgarians who make us feel proud. Before the world. For example, we have two world chess champions. Vesselin Topalov and Antoaneta Stefanova. World chess champions are worshiped around the globe. Books are written about them, films are made and their names are inscribed in golden letters in world history. And we have two.
Our nominee for prime minister is the world chess champion Antoaneta Stefanova. She has university degree in economics and speaks five languages. The comparisons, reflections and conclusions I leave to you."
However, Antoaneta Stefanova will return the mandate due to the lack of the required number of MPs for forming a stable government, explains the TISP leader:
"Of course, Antoaneta Stefanova will immediately return the mandate. Immediately. In a second. Because There Is Such a People does not have the number of MPs or partners needed to form a government. A stable government. The support is offered by political actors who are pernicious, greedy and provenly compromised. And it is not support, it's dependency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Irregular Migration Pressure on Bulgarian Borders Mounting – Interior Ministry
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Finance Minister Reveals Rationale behind Personnel Reshuffle in Revenue Agencies
- » Bulgaria’s Ultra-Nationalist Parties Mull Running for July General Election Together
- » Bulgarian Customs Agency Has New Executive Director
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Government Appoints New CEO of National Revenue Agency
- » Supreme Judicial Council Adopts Declaration against Closure of Specialized Courts