More Details about Terror Attack in France
A knife attacker killed three people, cutting the throat of at least one woman, inside a church in Nice on the French Riviera on Thursday.
The brutal killings come only two weeks after a French teacher was decapitated outside his school north of Paris by an Islamist extremist, after the teacher showed his pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed during a lesson on freedom of speech. Here is what we know so far:
At 8.29 am French time a man with a knife began attacking people praying inside the Basilica of Notre-Dame in the heart of the Mediterranean city.
The attacker had a copy of the Koran and three knives with him, France’s anti-terror prosecutor Jean-Francois Picard told a news conference.
The body of a man, a 55-year-old church employee, was found nearby inside the basilica, his throat also slit.
Another woman, a 44-year-old who had fled the church to a nearby restaurant, died shortly afterwards from multiple knife wounds.
The killer was shot and wounded by police who arrived quickly at the scene.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy Ready to Reopen for Foreign Tourists
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Israeli Attacks on Gaza Are Intensifying
- » Southeastern US Scrambles for Fuel, as Colonial Pipeline Slowly Resumes Supplies
- » Israel-Gaza Conflict Escalates, UN Warns of Possible "full-scale war"
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays