Shock in Turkey - Another Turkish Crypto Exchange, Vebitcoin, Stops Trading
Turkish-based crypto exchange Vebitcoin announced that it had halted trading activities on its platform.
“Recent developments in the cryptocurrency sector have led to an intensity in our transactions. This causes delays in responding to your withdrawal requests and support emails. Your transactions can take longer than expected. FYI,” Vebitcoin said in a statement.
On Thursday, Turkish cryptocurrency exchange Thodex abruptly halted trading on Wednesday citing an unspecified partnership transaction, spurring complaints from users who can’t access their digital assets.
Allegedly, Thodex CEO Faruk Fatih Özer left the country last evening and deleted his social media accounts.
One estimate put the locked-up funds at between -10 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed
- » The Guardian: Brexit through the Eyes of a Strawberry Picker from Bulgaria
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency