Shock in Turkey - Another Turkish Crypto Exchange, Vebitcoin, Stops Trading
Turkish-based crypto exchange Vebitcoin announced that it had halted trading activities on its platform.
“Recent developments in the cryptocurrency sector have led to an intensity in our transactions. This causes delays in responding to your withdrawal requests and support emails. Your transactions can take longer than expected. FYI,” Vebitcoin said in a statement.
On Thursday, Turkish cryptocurrency exchange Thodex abruptly halted trading on Wednesday citing an unspecified partnership transaction, spurring complaints from users who can’t access their digital assets.
Allegedly, Thodex CEO Faruk Fatih Özer left the country last evening and deleted his social media accounts.
One estimate put the locked-up funds at between -10 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourist Season in Greece Officially Opened, See What Entry Rules Are
- » Over Third of Rose Plantations in Bulgaria Could Remain Unharvested
- » Greece Is Cautiously Optimistic about Tourism Recovery This Summer
- » EU Tourism Summit to Decide on Sector’s Transformation and Sustainability
- » Bitcoin plunges 15% after Musk Tweets Tesla Will Not Accept It as Payment
- » EU: Draconian Restrictions on Travel from India To Contain Spread of Lethal Covid-19 Strain