Slovakia Follows Czech Suit, Expels Three Russian Diplomats
Slovakia on Thursday announced it was expelling three Russian diplomats, giving them a week to leave the country, saying it was acting in solidarity with neighbouring Czech Republic whose diplomatic rift with Moscow is escalating.
“Three representatives of the Russian diplomatic mission must end their activities in Slovakia and must leave the country within seven days,” Prime Minister Eduard Heger said in a televised briefing, adding Slovakia made its decision "following recent events in the Czech Republic and after having thoroughly evaluated information of our intelligence services that closely cooperate with the intelligence services of our allies".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Zoran Zaev’s Visit to Sofia Paves Way to Compromise
- » Putin and Biden Begin Talks in Expanded Format
- » Sofia and Skopje Hope for More Active Dialogue on Bilateral Issues
- » Putin-Biden Summit: No Concrete Deals But Still Useful
- » Prime Minister of North Macedonia Will Visit Sofia in June
- » Airspace over Geneva Will Be Closed for Putin-Biden Meeting on June 16