Slovakia Follows Czech Suit, Expels Three Russian Diplomats
Slovakia on Thursday announced it was expelling three Russian diplomats, giving them a week to leave the country, saying it was acting in solidarity with neighbouring Czech Republic whose diplomatic rift with Moscow is escalating.
“Three representatives of the Russian diplomatic mission must end their activities in Slovakia and must leave the country within seven days,” Prime Minister Eduard Heger said in a televised briefing, adding Slovakia made its decision "following recent events in the Czech Republic and after having thoroughly evaluated information of our intelligence services that closely cooperate with the intelligence services of our allies".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » Immediate Solution to Dispute Between Sofia and Skopje is Impossible
- » Diplomatic Offensive in Brno Inspires Hopes for Solution of Bulgaria-North Macedonia Dispute over Nm EU Acession
- » EU Leaders Discuss Influence and Defense of the Union at Balkan Summit
- » Bulgarian President: Membership of North Macedonia in the EU is Very Important for the Region
- » Bulgaria Reaffirms Determination to Join OECD