Turkish President Erdogan Congratulated Outgoing PM Borisov on 'Election success'
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan congratulated outgoing Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov in a phone call on April 19 on the election victory of his Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party.
During the call, Erdogan said that Bulgaria has achieved economic development and stability under Borisov’s leadership, Turkey’s Communications Department said in a statement.
The president also wished that the process of forming a new government would be completed in the best way.
Yesterday's conversation took place a day before GERB was given a mandate in an attempt to form a government.
Erdogan, who is known to be in good relations with Borisov, wished "the process of forming a government to be completed in the best possible way", according to Turkey's Communications Department.
The head of state also congratulated Borisov on GERB's "election victory". The party won just over quarter of the votes in the recent parliamentary elections.
The news was also published by Hurriyet Daily News (which materials on foreign policy, unequivocally reflect Ankara's position), just over two weeks after the parliamentary elections in Bulgaria.
The text was also reprinted by most Turkish media.
During the call, Erdogan said Bulgaria had achieved "economic development and stability under Borissov," Hurriyet was quoted as saying by the Communications Department.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We Need to Talk with North Macedonia as a Country to Country
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory
- » NATO's Multinational Battlegroup in Bulgaria completes its Biggest Exercise yet (VIDEO)
- » Bulgarian PM expects from the Ministry of the Interior Serious Control of the Roads
- » For Bulgarians Abroad: A Form is Now Available to Vote in the October Elections
- » Kiril Petkov: We have done Terribly Good Things for the People, Ninova is a Great Partner