Prof. Murdzheva from National Vaccination Task Force Advised People Having First Jab with AstraZeneca
The best thing people who have received the first dose of AstraZeneca can do, is to continue and complete the immunization with the same vaccine. This will fulfill the vaccination process properly and in line with clinical trials which are made for this vaccine.
“If they want my advice - that is - to continue with this vaccine, of course as long as they do not have any serious consequences after the first dose. “
These are the words of member of the National Vaccination Task Force Prof. Dr. Mariana Murdzheva.
"There is no research and data on the effectiveness of mixing two types of vaccines. The mechanism of action of these drugs is different because they use different platforms, although the ultimate goal is the same," added Prof. Murdzheva.
She also commented on the low mortality rate in the UK:
"At the moment, they have a lot of immunizations. Immunization undoubtedly contributes to reduce the peak of the epidemic and leads to fewer cases of infection and thus less mortality ... the benefits of using any vaccine at the moment are significantly more than the risks of having a serious illness or even death, "said the specialist.
According to Prof. Murdzheva, in the next few months it is possible to think about achieving collective immunity in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Who Were in Contact with Covid, May Be Six Times above Official Figures Says Survey
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 27 Newly Infected, All Regions in Green Zone
- » Over 10,000 Active Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Study: High Caffeine Consumption - Higher Risk of Blinding Eye Disease
- » Covild-19: Indian Variant Found In Bulgaria Likely to Remain Isolated Case
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 110 New Cases