Outgoing Bulgaria’s Premier “Presented” Bulgarians with 24-Percent Natural Gas Price Rise
The right-hand man of Hristo Ivanov, MP of Democratic Bulgaria Hristo Mirchev, posted on his Facebook wall quite worrying news, given that the price of natural gas leads to price adjustments of almost everything. That is why the information that the "post-election" price of natural gas is jumping dramatically is, to put it mildly, alarming for Bulgarians in general.
HERE'S WHAT IVO MIRCHEV WROTE ON THE SUBJECT:
The post-election rise in the price of natural gas from May 1 is expected to be by a record 22% - 24% compared to the price in March. A pre-election probe into Bulgargaz by the Energy Ministry, which aimed solely to postpone the inevitable appreciation, has quietly ended. As expected, no violations were found. Thus, retrospectively, the energy regulator can now announce an increase in the price of natural gas from April 1 by 12% - 13% and start considering the expected higher price by 10-11% from May 1.
A direct consequence of Borisov's dependencies is the lack of supply options alternative to Russian natural gas. Thus, we all pay unreasonably high monopoly prices.
This is the belated “present” from Boyko Borissov to Bulgarian households and businesses. Belated but heartfelt.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Will Not Change Stand on North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: Boyko Borissov Passed Baton to Stefan Yanev, Journalists Not Allowed to Swearing-in Ceremony
- » LIVE: President Radev Introduces Caretaker Cabinet, Vows to Fight Vote-Buying
- » Who Is Stefan Yanev - New Bulgarian Caretaker Prime Minister?
- » World Wires on Bulgaria: Caretaker Cabinet Will Have to Tackle Pandemic, Ensure Fair Elections
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Dissolved 45th National Assembly, Snap Election Scheduled for 11 July