Minority Government Can Be Viable in Bulgaria – Stand up! Mafiosi Out!
Political forces must learn to collaborate as well as work under challenging conditions, lawyer Nikolay Hadzhigenov of the new parliamentary party "Stand Up! Mafiosi out!" told BNT.
In his words, as the smallest force in parliament they have initiated the start of informal political talks with all opposition parties. They have not yet spoken to BSP and MRF, though.
Hadzhigenov also said that a minority government can actually work towards implementation of certain policies - amending the Electoral Code, repealing discriminatory and unconstitutional bills, judicial reform.
According to Hadzhigenov, during the talks they held with other parliamentary parties it became clear that the agreement on these topics is almost 100%. He stated that the parliament is alive and "is no longer Borissov's rubber stamp" and further commented that he did not expect the leader of GERB to show up in the plenary hall tomorrow.
Nikolay Hadzhigenov also said that at least a year is needed to accomplish the changes they want.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Customs Agency Has New Executive Director
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Government Appoints New CEO of National Revenue Agency
- » Supreme Judicial Council Adopts Declaration against Closure of Specialized Courts
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Cabinet Holds First Sitting - Agenda
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government Holds First Sitting
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Will Not Change Stand on North Macedonia