Outgoing PM Borisov Has Undergone Surgery after Knee Injury
The outgoing Prime Minister Boyko Borisov was admitted today in "Pirogov" hospital for MRI scan of the knee after an injury.
Borisov was first spotted entering Pirogov with escorts. Photos appeared on the "Spotted in Sofia" Facebook page.
An MRI of his knee was performed there, confirmed by the GERB press center.
He was later transferred to "SofiaMed" hospital as a matter of urgency. There he was operated for an injury to his right knee, received during a football match.
The operation was performed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Antoni Georgiev - Head of the Clinic of Arthroscopic Traumatology at the hospital.
"After an MRI in Pirogov, damage was found to the inner meniscus of the joint with partial dislocation. Mr. Borisov is recovering after the arthroscopic intervention and will remain under observation," said Assoc. Prof. Georgiev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov
- » At Current Vaccination Rate Bulgaria Can Achieve Herd Immunity within Following Two Months
- » Vaccinated Americans Say Good-bye to Masks as Health Authorities Ease Restrictions
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 506 Newly Infected, 44 Fatalities