Bulgaria’s Health Minister Orders Further Easing of Coronavirus Restrictions
Bulgaria’s outgoing Health Minister Kostadin Angelov issued an order on April 16 further easing restrictions put in place to contain the spread of Covid-19.
The new order amends the previous one issued on April 8 and allows a range of activities to resume on April 19, but at 50 per cent capacity and with social distancing precautions in effect.
That list includes extracurricular activities for children, with staff in such facilities required to wear face masks at all times.
The order also allows the resumption of conferences and seminars, teambuilding exercises and exhibitions. Participants are required to wear masks and keep a physical distance of 1.5m.
Cultural and entertainment events can be held, again at no more than 50 per cent capacity. This part of the order covers cinemas, theaters, concerts, museum and art galleries.
The same 50 per cent of capacity condition applies to gyms, swimming pools, spa and wellness centres, as well as sports clubs that with to resume operations on April 19.
The minister’s order also set an end date of April 27 to the ban on organised tourist trips both inside Bulgaria and abroad, as well as group visits of tourist sites in Bulgaria
The rest of the April 8 order, including parts that stipulate school students returning to in-person classes, as well as the provision allowing discos, bars and clubs to re-open on April 29 at 50 per cent capacity, remained unchanged.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Caretaker Financial Minister Vassilev: We Continue Our Work
- » Bulgaria: Plamen Nikolov is the Candidate for Prime Minister of ITN
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Hands Over the Mandate to ITN at 5 PM Today
- » There Is Such a People Levelled Serious Accusations against Caretaker Finance Minister Assen Vassilev
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria