Bulgaria: President Starts Consultations with Parties on Government Formation
Today, April 19, the President calls representatives of the parliamentary parties for consultations on the formation of a new cabinet.
During the day, the head of state will meet with all six parties.
First in turn are the representatives of GERB-UDF. The following are "There Is Such a People", BSP, MRF, Democratic Bulgaria and Stand Up! Mafiosi out!""
Under the law the president’s next step is serving a mandate to form a government.
The first mandate will be handed to GERB, the second to the party of Slavi Trifonov, and if it comes to a third attempt, the mandate will be serviced at the discretion of the President.
Within seven days, the parties and coalitions must propose a government.
If the third attempt to form a government fails, the President issues a decree disbanding the 45th National Assembly, schedules early elections within two months and appoints a caretaker cabinet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Will Not Change Stand on North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: Boyko Borissov Passed Baton to Stefan Yanev, Journalists Not Allowed to Swearing-in Ceremony
- » LIVE: President Radev Introduces Caretaker Cabinet, Vows to Fight Vote-Buying
- » Who Is Stefan Yanev - New Bulgarian Caretaker Prime Minister?
- » World Wires on Bulgaria: Caretaker Cabinet Will Have to Tackle Pandemic, Ensure Fair Elections
- » Bulgaria: President Radev Dissolved 45th National Assembly, Snap Election Scheduled for 11 July