Slavi Trifonov: GERB Is Toxic Party
With a balanced and productive Parliament, the main goal for which the party "There is such a people" was created will happen immediately.
This is the introduction of a majority election system. “Step by step”, this was the headline of a written statement by the leader of "There is such a people" Slavi Trifonov in a post on the social network Facebook.
Political party GERB obviously intends to submit to the Parliament a bill to change the electoral system from plurality to majority one he added.
“And why now? Why GERB did not accept the majority system almost 5 years ago, when they had power and when in a legally held referendum 2 and a half million Bulgarian citizens voted for majority system."
"Where were Toma Bikov, Desislava Atanasova, Tsveta Karayancheva, Boyko Borisov, this whole group of “heavy” Bulgarian lawmakers?" Trifonov asked in his post.
According to him, Boyko Borissov's party is "bouncing the ball" and trying to gain time.
"Well, the answer is very simple - when they have a problem losing their power, these people play around wasting time. Just as they wanted to change the Constitution through the Grand National Assembly, just to save themselves from the protests. Back then this trick paid off, because the National Assembly was different.”
The introduction of a majority electoral system requires a solid Parliament, because it takes a long time to clear the voter’s lists, create 240 single-member constituencies based on these lists and a bunch of other technological issues.
And all this take time. And GERB needs exactly that at the moment - time. But GERB will not get time. They are a toxic party that must disappear from the of Bulgarian political life. And with a productive, calm and confident Parliament, this will immediately happen, which is why the party "There is such a people" was created, namely - the introduction of a majority electoral system.
“Everything is in order ", Trifonov concludes his post.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: GERB offers Negotiations to Everyone - Borissov doesn’t want to be PM or MP
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's President: Ukraine in NATO after a Peaceful Settlement of the Conflict between Kyiv and Moscow
- » Elections in Bulgaria: BSP will Not Form a Coalition with GERB and its Leader will Not Resign
- » Elections in Bulgaria: Can a Government be Formed? Lowest Voter Activity in 32 years (UPDATED)
- » Kiril Petkov: We will Refuse an Invitation from GERB to form a Government