Henley Passport Index 2021 Published, Bulgaria’s Passport Ranks 16th
The year 2021 for sure has not been the best in terms of traveling, however the ranking of world’s most powerful passports was published again, it is the original, authoritative ranking of all the world’s passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa.
The Henley Passport Index found Japan's passport offers its citizens the most freedom around the world. The number one spot has been held onto by the Asian country for several years, with results based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Japanese passport holders are theoretically able to access a record 193 destinations around the world visa-free.
In second place is Singapore which has visa-free/visa-on-arrival score of 192.
Germany and South Korea again shared joint-third place, each with access to 191 destinations.
The UK may have not made it to pole position but it did make it into the top 10.
The British passport came in seventh place alongside Switzerland, the USA, Belgium and New Zealand, all of which have a visa-free/visa-on-arrival score of 187.
Where is Bulgaria?
Bulgaria ranks 16th, along with Croatia. The Bulgarian passport gives visa-free access to 173 countries, according to the Index.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov
- » At Current Vaccination Rate Bulgaria Can Achieve Herd Immunity within Following Two Months
- » Vaccinated Americans Say Good-bye to Masks as Health Authorities Ease Restrictions