Today Bulgaria Marks Constitution Day
April 16 is the Day of the Bulgarian Constitution and a professional holiday of lawyers in Bulgaria.
The day has been celebrated since 1991 at the initiative of the Union of Lawyers in Bulgaria. On this date in 1879 the Tarnovo Constitution was adopted - the first Bulgarian constitution, which became the legislative basis for the social and economic development of the newly liberated state.
In 2019, Bulgaria celebrated 140 years of the Tarnovo Constitution with a solemn sitting of the National Assembly in the old capital Veliko Tarnovo.
Then the Bulgarian Guardsmen presented the original of the Tarnovo Constitution in the hall of the Constituent Assembly, where the 44th National Assembly celebrated the 140th anniversary of the adoption of the first Bulgarian Basic Law with a solemn session.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Slovakia Suspends Use of AstraZeneca
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro, Gunman Dead, Woman in Critical Condition
- » Lack of Media Freedom in the Balkans Erodes European Values
- » Unprecedented Trend: More Bulgarians Return Home Than Emigrate - NSI
- » WHO: Indian Variant of Covid-19 Detected in Dozens of Countries
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 877 Newly Infected, 59 Fatalities