Today Bulgaria Marks Constitution Day
April 16 is the Day of the Bulgarian Constitution and a professional holiday of lawyers in Bulgaria.
The day has been celebrated since 1991 at the initiative of the Union of Lawyers in Bulgaria. On this date in 1879 the Tarnovo Constitution was adopted - the first Bulgarian constitution, which became the legislative basis for the social and economic development of the newly liberated state.
In 2019, Bulgaria celebrated 140 years of the Tarnovo Constitution with a solemn sitting of the National Assembly in the old capital Veliko Tarnovo.
Then the Bulgarian Guardsmen presented the original of the Tarnovo Constitution in the hall of the Constituent Assembly, where the 44th National Assembly celebrated the 140th anniversary of the adoption of the first Bulgarian Basic Law with a solemn session.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Increase in Offenders using Electric Scooters
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1024 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sofia Municipality introduces "Optional" Stops on 9 Lines of Public Transport from Today
- » German Health Minister: EU may allow Combined COVID vaccines from September
- » Bulgaria: Quarantine of those Infected with COVID-19 is Likely to be Reduced
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,274 New Cases in the Last 24 hours