Eight Dead after Mass Shooting in Indianapolis, US
Eight people have been killed and many injured in a shooting in the US city of Indianapolis, police say.
Witnesses heard several gunshots at a FedEx facility and one said he saw a man firing an automatic weapon.
The gunman, said to have been acting alone, is reported to have killed himself. Authorities said there was no further threat to public safety.
Police say several of the injured have been taken to hospital. Flights from the nearby airport are not affected.
"As officers arrived, they came into contact with an active shooting incident," city police spokeswoman said.
Indianapolis police said the motive for the killing was unclear.
A FedEx statement said the company was aware of the shooting and co-operating with the authorities.
Local media quoted FedEx worker saying he had seen the gunman firing.
"I saw a man with a sub-machine gun of some sort, an automatic rifle, and he was firing in the open. I immediately ducked down and got scared," he said.
Last week, President Joe Biden announced his first steps since taking office to tighten gun controls following a series of mass shootings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Seven Countries are setting up a Data Exchange System closed to China and Russia
- » Day 82 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO declares Indefinite Military Support for Kyiv, Heavy Losses for Russia
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid
- » Day 81 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Hell at Azovstal, Russia Drops Phosphorus Bombs, Rocket Fire near Ukraine’s Border with Poland
- » Day 80 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Fighting in Donbas is Gaining Momentum, Russian Soldier on Trial
- » Lavrov: The EU has become an Aggressive and Militant Player