Patriarch Neophyte of Bulgaria Hospitalized for Medical Checkup
His Beatitude Patriarch Neophyte of Bulgaria was admitted to hospital for regular health tests, according to the Holy Synod press office.
Earlier today, during the first session of the 45th National Assembly, Mika Zaykova, announced that the patriarch was not present in plenary hall because he was ill. There were rumors that His Holiness had suffered a stroke, which was refuted by the Holy Synod.
Here is the full text of the Holy Synod's post:
"In connection with information concerning the health condition of His Holiness Neophyte, the Bulgarian Patriarch and Metropolitan of Sofia, we announce that the Patriarch, like any person of his age, is suffering from chronic diseases that may become exacerbated, his health condition has to be monitored in a hospital, which is why he was hospitalized for annual medical checkup and treatment.
Upon admission to the hospital, every patient, as well as His Holiness, was subjected to a mandatory PCR test for COVID-19, which, we emphasize, is negative!
We call upon the faithful to accept as trustworthy the information that can be announced only by Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church - Bulgarian Patriarchate.
In anticipation of the greatest Christian holiday - Resurrection of Christ, His Holiness Patriarch Neophyte prays for all his spiritual children in the Motherland and beyond, giving his first holy blessing for health, long life and prosperity for our godly people."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Customs Agency Has New Executive Director
- » Bulgaria: Caretaker Government Appoints New CEO of National Revenue Agency
- » Supreme Judicial Council Adopts Declaration against Closure of Specialized Courts
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Cabinet Holds First Sitting - Agenda
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government Holds First Sitting
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Will Not Change Stand on North Macedonia