Boyko Borissov: We Will Propose Daniel Mitov for Next Prime Minister
GERB party is proposing Daniel Mitov to be Bulgaria’s next Prime Minister, Boyko Borissov, Prime Minister and leader of GERB party that won the largest share of votes in the April 4 parliamentary elections, said on April 14 at a meeting of the party's parliamentary group.
He also said that they were proposing Tsveta Karayancheva as Speaker of the National Assembly, and Desislava Atanasova as chair of the parliamentary group. Borissov called on all parties to take a responsible approach to the mandates for forming a government in the wake of the pandemic and financial and economic crisis.
Daniel Mitov is a former minister of foreign affairs in the cabinet, known as "Borissov 2". Mitov's career began in the “Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria” party, continued in the “Bulgaria of the Citizens” Movement, then he was foreign minister in the caretaker government with Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki and in the second government of Boyko Borissov. Mitov is already a member of GERB and elected MP from their list of candidates.
On April 14, the cabinet "Borisov 3" held its final regular weekly meeting.
Borissov said that GERB would act responsibly in dealing with the mandate that will be assigned to them for forming a new cabinet.
The government, according to the Constitution, must resign before the newly elected Parliament, which meets for its first sitting tomorrow, April 15. Until a new cabinet is announced, the old one continues to perform its functions, but in resignation. It remains to be seen if a new government will be formed after the cycle of mandates, or if a caretaker government will be appointed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Government Purchased Anti-COVID Equipment in Violation of Law, Claims Ministry of Health
- » Bulgarian Politician Accused of Espionage Denies Viciously Accusations
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Will Renounce Right of Banking Secrecy during Service
- » President Radev Will Represent Bulgaria at European Council Meeting in Brussels
- » Caretaker Cabinet Decided on Replacing Head of Digital Governance Agency
- » Caretaker HM Katsarov - It Will Be Good to Abolish Monopoly of National Health Insurance Fund