President Radev Convenes First Session of New National Assembly on April 15
The first sitting of the newly elected 45th National Assembly will take place on Thursday (April 15th). Today, President Rumen Radev signed a decree convening it.
The sitting will start at 9.00. It should be led by the oldest MP - Mika Zaykova from "There is such a people". The leadership of the parliament must be elected afterwards, and according to unofficial information, the chairman will be from Slavi Trifonov's party - "There is such a people".
This is expected to be the attorney Iva Miteva, who until now was director of the Legislative Activity and Law Directorate of the European Union in the Parliament and advised the legal committee in writing the bills.
Each party is expected to nominate its own deputy chairman of parliament. Leader of Miteva's party - S.Trifonov himself will be absent, as he is in isolation until April 23, due to a positive coronavirus test.
According to some, a decision may be made to swear it online, as MPs have previously sat with a coronavirus, and according to others, there is no problem for this to happen later.
At the first sitting, a commission should be elected to work out the Rules of procedure of the parliament, and according to unofficial information, the one from the 44th National Assembly will remain with minor amendments.
The parties intend to change some of the election rules, as it is expected at least to solve the problem of voting quarantined, to introduce video surveillance in reporting the results and the possibility of remote voting of Bulgarians abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is ready for Retaliatory Measures in the event of a Schengen Veto from the Netherlands and Austria
- » Bulgaria: What Cabinet will the GERB Candidate propose? Who will enter it and what kind of Support does he expect?
- » Bulgaria: Who is the Nomination of GERB for Prime Minister?
- » Ivailo Kalfin: The Netherlands' decision is Insulting to Bulgaria
- » Ex-PM Borissov: There are 2 Options for a Government in Bulgaria – Me as PM or another but with Common Priorities
- » Stefan Yanev proposes for Bulgaria to Boycott the Netherlands