Bulgaria: Tourism Season in Peril, Hotels Bookings Being Cancelled En Masse
Romanian tourists en masse cancel hotel bookings on Bulgarian northern Black Sea coast. In the resort complex "St. St. Constantine and Helena" hotels are open but empty, reports bgonair.bg.
Hotel owner Atanas Karageorgiev says that this spring he was expecting the first Romanian tourists, but for the second year in a row they are missing. There are also no clear rules for entry of foreign guests into our country, Karageorgiev says:
"There were a lot of bookings, but this morning the manager told me that absolutely everything has been cancelled," said the hotelier.
The tourism industry wants urgent measures to save the summer season, one of which is dropping the PCR test for foreigners or replacing it with rapid antigen test.
The hotel owners also report mass cancellations of bookings by Romanian companies for the Easter holidays and cancellation of flights. The reason is precisely the vague rules. Another factor is the inefficient marketing campaign targeting key markets for Bulgaria.
"To mend the situation, the Tourism Minister has to go to Romania and say in clear terms : We are ready to welcome the guests, here is what we offer", said chairman of Varna tourism chamber Ilin Dimitrov.
The industry is also pushing for mass vaccination in the field of tourism. This summer, there will be no more than 130,000 employees. Traditionally, the markets with which Bulgaria works are Romania, Germany, the UK and Israel.
If green corridors for foreign tourists are agreed, there is hope for the rescue of the summer tourist season. Otherwise, a lack of perspective will lead to a surge of bankruptcies by the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Before the Start of the Season: What are the Prices of Tickets for the Ski Area in Bansko
- » Travel in Europe Will Not Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels by 2024